Friday, February 5, 2010

Reading Plan:100 Best Novels

Somehow, even though I belong to two book clubs, I find myself at a loss for something to read.  I browse the library and usually end up with some interesting stuff.  Unfortunately, though, it feels like I'm "eating" a diet of candy, and not too many vegetables.  My mind is craving some sustenance!

After browsing several book lists looking for ideas, I stumbled upon a Random House list of the 100 Best Novels.  Overall, it seems like a good list, so I have decided to read both lists in their entirety.  There are some repeats from the Board's List and the Reader's List, so I won't end up reading 200 books, but even so, it should take me some time to complete my personal assignment. 

To get started, I checked out the first five titles on each list from the local library.  Now, I just need to find the time to read them.  I plan on reviewing the books, or at least formulating some thoughts about each on the blog as I finish them.

What does anyone else do for book ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment