Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Barbecue Sauce Redux

The last time I blogged about barbecue sauce, we were still eating dairy, and I included butter in the ingredient list. When I went to make sauce the other day, I read my recipe, and realized that it was time to start from scratch. I don't like having to cook the sauce, anyway!



My new and improved recipe is as follows:



11/2 cups vinegar (apple cider or white)

1/2 cup ketchup

1 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon red pepper



Combine ingredients and use as a marinade or pour over meat.



I poured mine over a pork roast in the crock-pot, and the results were fantastic. Unfortunately, this recipe is closer to an Eastern North Carolina sauce. While that makes Nathan very happy, those of us who prefer a Lexington-style sauce will have to continue experimentation...

No comments:

Post a Comment