Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can Art


Still on my kick to amuse a toddler while allowing a sick baby to get his rest, I've been exploring ways to reuse items in my recycle box. (I keep a box of clean cans, bottles, yogurt cups, etc. for crafting purposes.) The daughter and I came up with this project to hold her crayons, pencils, and pens.

We took a clean can--bean can, tomato can, whatever--and used a foam brush to paint it with acrylic paints. I just let the daughter paint as much as she wanted, and I didn't remedy any open spots. Once it was all dry, we took some white glue and attached some craft ribbon that I had leftover from another project.

The result: an hour of sleep for a sick baby, an excited and proud toddler, and a container she is happy to use for her crayons. We'll see if this keeps them off of the carpet! :-D

I took some pictures, and I'll post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment