Friday, July 24, 2009

The BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies EVER!!!

This morning I was looking for a time killer, as my son is sick and daughter is getting cabin fever. While my back-up activity used to be baking, I haven't done it as much since baby was diagnosed with an egg allergy because finding delicious recipes can be difficult. Today, though, I was desperate and decided to ransack the kitchen to make my own recipe. This is what I concocted:

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
dash of ground pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugars and applesauce and stir until moist and sticky. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well blended. Add rolled oats and raisins until the dough is to your consistency. Bake for 13 minutes, or until nicely golden.


These turned out so well for me. They are the gooiest, yummiest oatmeal cookies I've ever eaten, and they were a major hit with everyone!

UPDATE: According to Daddy-O, these cookies are too gooey. He prefers his oatmeal cookies a little crunchier than I do. He did say, though, that the yummy taste of applesauce outweighed the crunchy factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment