Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gratituesday: It makes me grateful!

I love Gratituesday.  I love that it happens on Tuesday.  Which is usually the day my life starts to spiral out of control. 

By which I mean that I spend Monday enjoying the memories of the weekend and slowly starting to stress out about all of the work that needs to be done around the house.  Sometime Monday evening, I remember that we have two birthdays this week, and I still need to bake, wrap, and make cards.  I remember that I am hosting a playdate on Wednesday and my mother-in-law is arriving on the weekend, and I can't remember the last time the floor was mopped.  I remember that we have two outings this weekend due to the birthdays, and I have to prepare a lunch out for Noah so that I don't cause his allergies to flare.  I also find out that somehow I forgot to buy new vacuum cleaner bags, and this one refuses to fit any additional dust.  Not to mention Ulysses that I said I'd finish by Wednesday.  And the review I need to write.

As you can see, the stress starts to spiral faster and faster, and by the time I hit bed on Monday night, I am a wreck.

Then I wake up on Tuesday morning and get to blog about something that inspires gratitude.  This simple excercise is enjoyable most weeks.  But this week, reflecting on the beautiful time I had with my husband on our date, the warm weather walks I took with my daughter, and the extra cuddle time I had with my son has saved my sanity. 

I think I'll take some time this morning to involve the kids in the housework and make it fun.  No sense stressing out now, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment