Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Yummiest Chocolate Cupcakes, Ever!


This recipe is part of the whole grains recipe swap at Life as Mom

When I first started gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free baking... phew, that's a mouthful... I never thought I'd make cupcakes that I would actually crave.  You know, the spongey, yet fluffy, texture that is near impossible to get in a flour that doesn't have gluten?  I have tried all-purpose baking mixes.  I have tried making my own mixes.  I have tried recipe after recipe.  And, still, the choices were between dusty, crumbly cupcakes, and an oily, moist mess.

Well, I finally did it.  Thanks to a lot of reading, research, and plain old experimentation, I got it right!

Allergy-Friendly Choclate Cupcakes

2 cups oat flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
dash of vanilla
1 cup cold water
1/3 cup chickpea paste

Mix oat flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, vanilla, and water.  Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture, and stir thoroughly.  Then fold in chickpea paste.

Pour into lined muffin tins.

Bake at 350F for 20, and try to let them cool on the rack before devouring!

2 comments:

  1. yum! Love the chickpea paste in there too, gives a little protein boost. stopping by from lifeasmom. would love to have you participate on my tuesday recipe swap, check out this week's event and please link up next week!

    http://foodwithkidappeal.blogspot.com/2010/03/big-words-little-foodies-recipe-swap_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite, Jenna. I'll be there on Tuesday :-D

    ReplyDelete