Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Today was not a good day for a variety of reasons.  I ended up sitting in my room getting angrier and angrier, when I decided to do something about the situation.  What we needed, I decided, was a celebration.  So kuddos to Dr. Seuss for providing such a timely birthday for us!

After naptime, I had Adrienne help me bake some cupcakes.  We decided to do chocolate, as that is her favorite flavor, and, hey, Mom's pregnant and could always use some chocolate.  Besides, I do need to be testing allergy friendly cake batter recipes in preparation for our multitude of birthdays this month.  Here she is mixing the batter:

While they baked and cooled, we read some Dr. Seuss books for decorating inspiration.  Since it was a bad day, I wasn't wanting anything that would be remotely complicated.  After tossing around the idea of just frosting half of them red and the other half white, Adrienne and I decided that Green Egg Cupcakes were in order.  Easy enough for Mom to frost and exciting enough for the kids to eat.  Here's the finished product.

As you can see, they were a major hit!

1 comment:

  1. they look adorable. Cupcakes have that knack of making people feel good. =)

    ReplyDelete