Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gratituesday: Fun with Fabric Dye

This post is part of Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers

As you can see, the camera is back up and working, which is a joy in itself!  However, I am most grateful for the crazy looking pillow pictured above.  It is called a Snoogle and manufactured by Leachco, makers of a variety of maternity/baby items.

Nathan and the kids gave me this pillow as part of my birthday gift months ago, and I swear, I don't know how I survived without one for so long!  It provides back support, tummy support, and hip alignment.  When baby comes, it can double as a comfier version of a Boppy.  And at night, I just like to snuggle in it to watch TV and knit.  Something about the way it cradles me is so comforting!

In any event, it came with a white cover, which, after a month, became quite dingy.  Of course, it was covered in little dirty toddler handprints, cat fur, and assorted other ickiness.  So.  Off to the store I went to buy a bottle of RIT fabric dye. 

After about ten minutes of stirring in a sink full of hot water, my new and improved apple green snoogle appeared!  Victory!  Not only am I grateful for the snoogle, I am grateful that it is no longer icky, dingy white. :-D

I was so inspired that I decided to transform some old, white towels we got at our wedding.  But that is a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment