Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gratituesday: My Life

This post is linked to Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers.

It seems like a bit of a cop-out, but today is my birthday, and I am grateful for my life.

I have not had a particularly long life yet (although that is hopefully going to happen! ) but it has been a very blessed life; my parents and sisters have been a fantastic presence throughout its entirety. My childhood is filled with great memories, from the early years in South Africa with lots of family and friends, to relocating to North Carolina and meeting lots of new friends. In high school I was blessed with relatively good schools, positive role models, and tons of dreams. And in college, I met and married the love of my life. From there, I have received the two most wonderful blessings a woman could hope for: my children. This year, too, should bring its share of joy.

When I consider the stories and pictures I've seen on the news, books I've read, and movies I've watched, I am awed that my life has been free of heavy burdens. The gratitude, today, on my birthday, is overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment