Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gratituesday: The Co-op

It's Tuesday. Wait. It's Gratituesday! Time for another post!

I'm dealing with some pretty excruciating pain which has kept me house-bound for weeks now, and I just have not been able to get to the store to buy groceries. Since I usually keep a fairly stocked pantry, I haven't needed to get anything, but we are now down to eating, shall we say, creatively.

We are completely out of oats, flour, olive oil, and sucanat. And, since I haven't been cooking, the disappearance of kitchen staples has escaped my notice. That is, until this morning when my husband asked what to prepare for breakfast since we only had a half-cup of oats... Hmmm... Time to go shopping.

Which is why I am so grateful for the Willy St Co-op here in Madison.

I can sit at home and shop online, picking everything from frozen foods, rice milk, and produce to my staples out of the bulk bins. Then, when I send Nathan out to get the groceries, he just has to drive up, identify himself, and they load all of my items into his car!

After trying this online shopping once, I can't see going back to navigating the co-op with multiple kids ever again!

Thanks for making life so much easier for a mother who is stuck at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment